sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bor Kraljič <pyrobor AT ver.si>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 09:03:46 +0200

Hellow fellow developers!

As you may have noticed I have been working on kde4.7 update in devel-kde47
branch
quite a while now. And it is more or less finished. But there are some
problems. The
reason for problems is that we install kde4 in /opt/kde4 and due to that
reason some thing
aren't find correctly. So basicly I only have problems that would simply go
away if we
install kde4 in $INSTALL_ROOT/.

>From what i know we install kde4 in /opt/kde4 so users can have both
>versions of kde
instaled (kde3 and kde4). I think now that kde4 is fully operational, there
is no such user
that would have both versions of kde installed. Either he stayed on kde3 or
already
migrated to kde4.

So I purpose that we move kde4 to /. The way we do that is another question.
ATM i have
2 paths:
* we move kde4 to / and kde3 to /opt/kde3. But that would be pain in the ass.
Lots of
testing with old qt3 and other things that I am NOT prepared to do.
* we move kde4 and add CONFLICTS to main spells of kde4 and kde3 (kdelibs,
kdebase
and few more) (This one would be quite easy and in my opinion would be the
best
solution with least headaches.)

If no one has any objections I will try to move next version of kde to / in
devel-kde47
branch and then if everything is okay merge it with master. The next release
of the kde
will probably be around 1st september.

Kind regards, Bor