sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Tome vote results

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Tome vote results
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 09:54:41 -0500

Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:
> That's what I'm talking about.
Good, then we're in agreement.

>> Anyone can ask page_six for logs. Granted, they're pruned, but they are
>> published to the person asking. They're not published on a website, but
>> they are made available.
>
> In a very limited capacity. But yeah this would possibly need it. I
> would contact freenode wrt to it.

Freenode's recommendations on logging are just that, recommendations. I
am of the mind that if you don't want to be logged in a public place,
then don't say anything.

> What I suggest as an alternative to publishing logs(other than meetings)
> is to provide the solutions to the issues that get resolved on IRC on a
> wiki page or some such. That way a person gets a more concise and direct
> solution than reading through all the logs.
I don't think that going through all this effort is necessary. However,
someone to do the work of distilling a conversation on IRC into
something meaningful on the wiki, or elsewhere, will always be useful.

I think it is SourceMage's official stance that the IRC channels are
public and thus can be logged, published, or quoted as anyone sees fit.
At least, that's how IRC has been treated ever since I started using it.

David