sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Last call for xorg-modular testing before integration

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Last call for xorg-modular testing before integration
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:30:45 +0200

Am Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:53:12 +0200
schrieb Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>:

> On Friday 29 of August 2008 05:09:04 Eric Sandall wrote:
> > I fixed that bug months ago and xorg works in stable

> It works? I've heard many IRC complaints of the opposite, even without
> playing
> with hosts.def.

Well, once you got xorg / xfree86 build, it works (for me).
The problem is that both seem to be sort of incompatible with gcc 4.2+,
needing
about 4G of RAM for compiling a specific source file.
That qualifies for me as broken...

I have one office box set up with old xorg, I think, ... I must have used an
older gcc for it.

Alrighty then,

Thomas.