sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Let's make Source Mage not suck!
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:35:31 -0800

Quoting Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>:
<snip>
Yes, this group is plagued by all talk and no action. Im trying to find
a course of action thats realistic and that other people agree might work.

Perhaps the problem is a lack of enthusiasm, but I dont know how to fix
that. Maybe if we made it so everyone is participating then those driving
things forward wouldnt feel discouraged. Instead of just basesystem, maybe
all the grimoire devs pick A spell, just one spell, to be responsible
for in the release process. Then everyone can see the process working,
we can find the real bottlenecks, streamline them, and repeat. How does
that sound? All of us can probably help work on *one* spell.

That would work to see if our methods work, at least on a small scale. ;)

-sandalle

eric at sandall.us PGP: 0xA8EFDD61 | http://www.sourcemage.org/