sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] grimoire bug fixing contest

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Mathieu L." <lejatorn AT smgl.homelinux.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] grimoire bug fixing contest
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 10:27:20 +0200

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 04:31:57PM -0700, Andrew Stitt wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 05:03:32PM -0500, Matthew Clark wrote:
> >

> > I agree. Instead of a monetary prize, how about a SMGL shirt, mug, and
> > hat? Even better: what if said item had a mention of the occasion?
>
> Well, that was the original idea. But the response I got was that not
> many people would be interested in pre-purchased gifts, like shirts. And
> there arent many stores that ship to both continents, those that do
> generally charge extra for oversea's shipping.

indeed, I know by experience it's not worth the money to buy at
ThinkGeek considering the shipping+custom costs can be even more than
the price of the item itsef (depending on the item of course).

> Maybe gift certificates at one of several stores (some in north america,
> some in europe)?

Yeah, Thinkgeek for American ppl, and http://www.getdigital.de (for
example) for European ppl.

Cheers,
Mathieu

--
If a function be advertised to return an error code in the event of
difficulties, thou shalt check for that code, yea, even though the