sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] grimoire bug fixing contest

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: ScaChi <scachi AT gmx.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] grimoire bug fixing contest
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 00:45:57 +0200

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:56:58 -0700
Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com> wrote:

> We have many grimoire bugs piling up and not enough resources or
> incentive from developers/users to help fix them all. As a result,
> our release process is suffering. I had a thought to run a grimoire bug
> fixing contest.
...cut...

I am interested to help on fixing some bugs, not for this contest, but just
to help
as I really love this distro.
I really don't know if a contest is the right way to get the bugs fixed,
this distro is free - you devs are working so hard on it without payment
and $ as a prize for getting bugs fixed by users.. don't know.. this just
doesn't sounds right
to me.

I did a bit of quickfix bug-fixing with perforce some time ago in devel? (I
think) but had to stop
it as I had/have some problems with my health and had to draw full attention
to it.
But now things are almost back to "normal" state.
So if someone is willing help me to get me started with git by guiding me
step by step
through some bug fixing, I would be glad to join you to fight the bugs.

So take that as a warning,
I'll join #sourcemage in the next few days (this weekend at the latest) and
ask some stupid
questions (yes, I already read the sourcemage wiki page for getting started
with git and have an account) :-)

- Ingo / Baro