sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Tomcat Help

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Tomcat Help
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 07:42:45 -0500

David Kowis wrote:

> You building the latest tomcat or old tomcat 4?

Whoops, sent the thing before I's ready.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/building.html

It's quite easy to build the latest tomcat. You just need ant and the
build.xml file. Everything else just "happens." If you're needing the
tomcat 4 for some reason or another, I would just recommend using the
binary install, since the only thing you're building are the class files.

--
David Kowis

ISO Team Lead - www.sourcemage.org
Source Mage GNU/Linux

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.
- Robert Heinlein

- Arthur C. Clarke