sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] GCC Question for the Candidates

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "SM Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] GCC Question for the Candidates
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:29:39 -0800

I've talked at length with Arwed about the gcc compiler being
installed in /opt vs. having them installed in parallel, I would
honestly like to hear Seths opinions on it. Also I don't know if Arwed
would consider doing this after sorcery has stage root installed,
simply because it would be worlds easier to write the spells when
sorcery gets this implemented.

Would you consider making an effort to switch to installing the gcc
compiler suite in parallel and when would you try and see this
happening?

- David Brown