sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Team Progress

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Team Progress
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 18:35:59 +0200

David Kowis a écrit :
> Right now, the plan is the following:
> 0.9.5: replace 0.9.3, get it out soon

What about 0.9.4? Why jumping directly from 0.9.3 to 0.9.6? 0.9.4 has 7
tested versions and is pretty stable according to most people.

> 0.9.6: add most small features delayed by 0.9.5 release
> 0.9.7: add RAID and LVM, use cast & resurrect
> 0.9.8: soak time, give some time to really polish the edges
>
> Judging by the releases we'd like to get out, we really need about 4
> more months or so. We don't know how difficult LVM will be. I don't know
> anything about LVM. The RAID option needs a bit more polishing.

LVM & RAID was asked years ago. I don't think it's wise to delay it
again or to change a roadmap few days before a major release. Unet, who
is part of the ISO team, was supposed to work on it.

> I hate to say it, but I think we should push the 1.0 back until we're
> 100% done with the ISO. Also, the ISO may take longer to release than
> anticipated. We really cannot see much farther than the the next 2
> versions, when it comes to release dates.

The least I can say here is that sourcemage seems unable to release a
stable ISO. 2 years ago, I planned to install sourcemage on all my
computers whenever there would be a stable ISO. 2 years later ... it
looks rather funny :-)

Benoit PAPILLAULT, ISO guru