sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.9.4-test5 x86/ppc/x86-64 are out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Flavien Bridault <f.bridault AT fra.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.9.4-test5 x86/ppc/x86-64 are out
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:40:26 +0200

Le jeudi 23 juin 2005 à 13:52 -0700, Andrew a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:38:40PM +0200, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> > Le jeudi 23 juin 2005 ? 10:35 -0700, Andrew a ?crit :
> > > Write up a template for people to fill out, items for each menu item,
> > > if they used it and what they put in it. Items for all the intermediate
> > > steps if they see anything unusual. That will also make it easier to
> > > figure out what people did to cause a bug and how to reproduce it.
> > > Perhaps even a simple web-based form to automate the form...
> > >
> > > -Andrew
> > >

> > Yes, that's exactly what I suggested 6 months ago :
> >
> > http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Meeting+log+2005-01-22
> >
> > (search for the word "suggestion")
> >
> > I still think it would be a better way for a complete ISO test, I'm glad
> > to see that you think like me now (I was quite alone in those times).
>
> I dont recall disagreeing, I think I was silently agreeing with the
> suggestion.
>
> > Sandalle told me that it should be done with Kinetix, but I don't think
> > he has enough time currently.
> >

> Well, probably wouldn't be too hard to do. Trouble with suggestions like
> this is they make waves for a while, but are quickly forgotten unless
> someone takes action. Somebody has to step up and do the work if its to
> get done. Anyone feel like spending an afternoon hacking out a simple
> html/php/whatever page for this?

I will not have the time during the next two weeks (travel in Germany,
Konstanz, next week, then prepare my wedding the week after...). After
that I can do this, even if I'm not a great html/php coder. ;-) If
anyone else would like to develop that, feel free to tell it !
I suggest to make first a form for benoit's test ISO, since he has
already shown his interest about that. If Karsten is also interested for
his ng-test ISO, I think the form could be then easily adapted.

Where do you plan to store the form ? Could I have an FTP access to our
website ?

--
Flavien Bridault

irc: vlaaad