sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.9.4-test5 x86/ppc/x86-64 are out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.9.4-test5 x86/ppc/x86-64 are out
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:52:28 -0700

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 10:38:40PM +0200, Flavien Bridault wrote:
> Le jeudi 23 juin 2005 ? 10:35 -0700, Andrew a ?crit :
> > Write up a template for people to fill out, items for each menu item,
> > if they used it and what they put in it. Items for all the intermediate
> > steps if they see anything unusual. That will also make it easier to
> > figure out what people did to cause a bug and how to reproduce it.
> > Perhaps even a simple web-based form to automate the form...
> >
> > -Andrew
> >

> Yes, that's exactly what I suggested 6 months ago :
>
> http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Meeting+log+2005-01-22
>
> (search for the word "suggestion")
>
> I still think it would be a better way for a complete ISO test, I'm glad
> to see that you think like me now (I was quite alone in those times).

I dont recall disagreeing, I think I was silently agreeing with the
suggestion.

> Sandalle told me that it should be done with Kinetix, but I don't think
> he has enough time currently.

Well, probably wouldn't be too hard to do. Trouble with suggestions like
this is they make waves for a while, but are quickly forgotten unless
someone takes action. Somebody has to step up and do the work if its to
get done. Anyone feel like spending an afternoon hacking out a simple
html/php/whatever page for this?

-Andrew