sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.9.4-test5 x86/ppc/x86-64 are out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: Source Mage - Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO 0.9.4-test5 x86/ppc/x86-64 are out
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:53:43 -0700

Just two comments to your comments...

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 12:14:12AM +0200, Mads Laursen wrote:
> I'd also like to join in and say "nice work".
>
> Just installed from the iso (x86) the other day, and it's right back to the
> good old smgl.
>
> Just a few nits:
>
> The udev install left me without permissions on /dev, fixed by upgrading
> udev, so next iso should have that fixed by magic.
>
> Choosing syslog-ng for sytem logger didn't quite work right.
> /etc/sysconfig/facilities was not set right, the new value was appended,
> instead of replacing the old ( syslog=syslogdsyslog-ng ). Doesn't quite look
> right, but minor issue. Is this a known issue, or should I file a bug?
>
> There should be some magic when installing nfs-support, so remote_fs gets
> updated automagically... But that is at most "nice to have".

These are both related to quite buggy facilities management on the iso's
cast reimplementation. I've seen this before and this is really quite
the worst part of the install.

> Ohh, and a couple of non-iso quick ones:
>
> Shouldn't firefox install some certificates? Like Verisign and such? Mine
> installed without any, and that makes ssl rather exciting ;-) Unless this is
> a feature, I'll file a bug.

Personally, I love this "feature". It means I really do get to establish
my own trust without having to go delete all the certs for the
corporations I don't really trust as it is to handle my ssl
verification.

On the other hand, we should make this an option.