sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Why simpleinit-msb ?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Chris Dombroski <cdombroski AT gambit.gotdns.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Why simpleinit-msb ?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:35:16 -0500

Quoting Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>:

What can you do in sysvinit that can't be done in a simpleinit setup?

Just to throw my two cents in, I have had no luck getting intelligent ups
shutdown working with simpleinit.

I have not been able to find a way to get the computer most of the shut down
(mostly everything unmounted or mounted read-only) and then turn off the ups so
that when power is restored, the ups turns back on and causes all the computers
plugged into it to start.