sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] alternative grimoire layout

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] alternative grimoire layout
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:03:47 -0500

On Apr 05, Andrew [afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com] wrote:
> [snip another proposal]

Heh, so we basically have 3 approaches to this (not surprising) :

1. one based on a new user perspective (because I am still a new user and
I'm pretty sure I'm mostly asking for what I'm looking for as a new user)

2. one based on the (legitimate) needs of the spell maintainers

3. one based on the (legitimate) needs of the sorcery system maintainers

Is there a sane way to provide for the needs of all 3?

> Now, respond with why that idea sucks and lets continue talking about this
> for another few weeks until we eventually all get tired and do nothing,
> ready? go!

Yeah, that's pretty much what I expect too. So let's keep in mind that at
some point we have to do *something*; this all started around the question
of getting some maintainers for the spells in the utils section, and that's
not solving itself while we debate.