sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] alternative grimoire layout

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • To: "Jeremy Blosser (emrys)" <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] alternative grimoire layout
  • Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:30:54 -0500

Yes I use local grimoires, no I don't use scribbler because I do work
with the development releases that I don't even want accidentally
getting into the development grimoire.

Also as a user I hated having to go though all the sections to find the
spells that were for my environment to see if I wanted to install them.

Though I don't think having section by maintainer is good though
complaints about unmaintained spells it me is strange considering all
the unmaintained we have now. I don't think that will change anytime
soon.

I don't think you are going to satisfy everyone with any layout you
choose. There will always be the very vocal group of either way that
will complain.

So far I haven't heard any clear reason to change the layout of the
grimoires other than to scratch someone or others itch.

CuZnDragon
Robin Cook