sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] x86/ppc/x86-64 test ISO available (test3) [INSTALL REPORT]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] x86/ppc/x86-64 test ISO available (test3) [INSTALL REPORT]
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 23:41:53 -0600

Quoting Damien Mascord <tusker AT tusker.org>:

Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:

Hello,

On the x86 ISO, syslinux has been downgraded to 2.11 to solve bug
#8098 (waiting for test report on that issue from sandalle).

I've just installed the x86_64 iso. THe installation went smoothly. I didn't
notice any other problems not already mentioned.

I got the system installed and rebuilt a kernel fine.

Now onto another issue, the installer in there is obviously modified. So as not
to duplicate work, do we want to use that installer instead of the one that I
haven't had enough time to work on, as of yet? I'm not making many improvements
to the installer other than it's structure. I've completely redesigned how the
installer should happen, providing it with more flexibility and capability. But
the one on this iso works. and it works now.

A bit of direction would be nice here. We've got at least two people working on
different things for each project. We're pulling on big ass rocks in different
directions. I'm not liking this very much. Some organization is needed here,
badly.

My two cents on this situation.

--
One login to rule them all, one login to find them. One login to bring them all,
and in the web bind them.