sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] x86/ppc/x86-64 test ISO available (test3)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] x86/ppc/x86-64 test ISO available (test3)
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:04:45 -0600

Quoting Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT sourcemage.org>:

Hello,

3 new test ISOs have been made available on http://download.sourcemage.org/ . The direct download links are:

http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/testing/smgl-0.9.4-i486-2.6.11.2-nptl-test3.iso
http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/testing/smgl-0.9.4-ppc-2.6.11.2-nptl-test3.iso
http://download.sourcemage.org/iso/testing/smgl-0.9.4-x86_64-2.6.11.2-nptl-test3.iso

Those ISOs have been made with the stable grimoire (2005-03-15 snapshot, just before test integration). Kernel has been updated to 2.6.11.2 and SATA drivers as well as USB devices should be supported out of the box (cdrom, keyboard).

On the x86 ISO, syslinux has been downgraded to 2.11 to solve bug #8098 (waiting for test report on that issue from sandalle).

On the ppc ISO, the kernel version now support sleep mode on iBook G4.

On the x86-64 ISO, it now installs a pure 64 bits system and since grub is a 32 bits application, only lilo is available. The installed system has been reported to be fully functionnal. However, to use sorcery, you need to adjust x86-64 archspecs (see bug #7728).

Sweet! I just bought an AMD64 so I'll be installing that. :) Will post the
results.

--
One login to rule them all, one login to find them. One login to bring them all,
and in the web bind them.