sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] suggestion for the udev spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] suggestion for the udev spell
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 01:18:24 +0100

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 12:23:26AM +0100, Arjan Bouter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It might be nice for the udev spell to default to:
>
> udev_rules="/etc/udev/rules.d"
>
> instead of
>
> udev_rules="/etc/udev/udev.rules"
>
> in /etc/udev/udev.conf, so we can let spells like cdrtools install a file in
> /etc /udev/rules.d instead of using sed on a (possibly) modified udev.rules
> file. IMHO that's a much 'cleaner' way to go than the current setup.
>
> Any thoughts on this?
>
> Arjan
> (abouter)

It works like that? If it does that would be definitely a nice way to
handle the stuff. Spells providing rules should probably ask about them
though, as the user might not want them. Or the user could override them
in his own rules file. How does directory based udev rules handling
work? I read about it on the udev list but don't remember the details.

http://www.sourcemage.org