sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] New Site

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] New Site
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 01:15:29 +0100

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 08:34:45AM -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to get some comments on a proposed move to a new website.
> Transferring
> all of the old content (forums, wiki, news, etc.) would take a while, but we
> could be using the new site while we copy the old information into the new
> site
> as well as providing the old site under /old (or some such) for archival
> access
> (the forums may be a bit of a pain to move over, but that's my opinion
> without
> any real work to find out ;)).
>
> Thoughts?

Can't say much about the forums as most people probably now that I
hate^W dislike forums ;)

As for the rest I think it would be good to just get started, wiki links
can be made to link back to the old wiki (would wiki internal links
still work if we moved it? Don't know much about the internals of our
wiki).

http://www.sourcemage.org