sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Feature request for comments?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Feature request for comments?
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:43:26 +0100

--snip--
> www.happypenguin.org has ratings and comments on games. They also
> categorize games and I think one is educational.

Yeah good site for rankings

--snip--
> I think they the ranking and comments should be submitted using a tool
> similar to "scribe". For example, you might "scribe rank tuxrace 5" or
> "scribe comment tuxracer 'great for kids'" which either submits them on
> the fly or has another command to submit them in bulk, say "scribe
> submit ranks" and "scribe submit comments".

I'd acctually integrate this into our new site... i.e. similar do debians
pkg tracking system they have bugs, versions, compile logs, subscribe to
this pkg and such. But we could also have rankings/comments there.
And maybe a tool to submit and to get back the info.

--snip
> I agree comments should not be included in the grimoire because it would
> dramatically increase the size of the grimoire. The inclusion of ranks
> may be OK. As a preliminary test we could take happypenguins ranks for
> the games and only test the idea in the games grimoire.

I think neither should be included in the grimoire

--snip--
> Alternatively, you can choose to "scribe add comments" to add the
> comments and ranks separately or view them on the sourcemage website.

--snip--
> We could collaborate with happypenguin on this. I believe we should
> categorize our games according to happypenguin categories.

As soon as you volunter to maintain the "action" section sure we'll use
their categories. The reason being that they simply use action for anything
they can't find some better way of categorizing(same goes for any other
gaming site). I would on the other hand wan't to get rid of the action
section completly because I have yet to find a simple it's only action game.

--snip--
> Some ideas.
>
> Duane.

Always like to hear ideas.

Games grimoire guru
--
Andrew "ruskie" Levstik

For all the knowledge... || URL: http://ruskie.pixelcarnage.com
I will prevail... || ICQ: 321223361
If I fail nothing is left... || MSN: ruskie_0 AT yahoo.co.uk
All is lost... || Jabber: ruskie AT jabber.org
Never to be seen again... || Yahoo!: ruskie_0
Nevermore... || URL2: http://ruskie.dtdm.org

EtPan! - nicest email client I have seen -
http://libetpan.sourceforge.net/etpan

Key ID = 32FE2034
Key fingerprint = EF36 041B E2A5 4E6F 7B3E 6B45 C0F2 E234 32FE 2034