sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl.installer work

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Duane Malcolm <d.malcolm AT auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl.installer work
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:54:53 +1300

David Kowis wrote:
CCing the list to bring this to everyone's attention
<quote who="Duane Malcolm">

Things I want to do for the smgl.install script

1. organize the installer script into modules --mostly done
- DISK_STRUCTURE > manipulating partitions and
creating fstab -

LOCALE_CONFIG > configs for box customiziation, font, locale,

language
- SOFTWARE_CONFIG > how software will be built
- SYSTEM_CONFIG > how the system will be configured
- BOOTLOADER_CONFIG > bootloader configuration
- MISC > Miscellaneous functions that don't
fit anywhere
- INSTALLER > managing the installation process
- NETWORK_CONFIG > network setup

Hi David

I have zero experience with this but would there be future requirements

for hardware detection, therefore, a HARDWARE_DETECTION module??

Yes there should/will be, but that stuff isn't in the current script and
that's where I've got to start with right now. I cannot start with new
features or bug requests (well, big bugs anyway) until the dust settles
from the reorg. Otherwise things might get lost/forgotten.

If/when hardware detection becomes feasable, then yes there will be a
"module" where all the scripts will go, but right now, that module doesn't
exist.

BTW, I'm not volunteering for anything ;)

Doh! And I even helped with your gaze.php script :P
True and I've been meaning to finish that script for the last 3 nights.

Oooh, feelin the guilt now, aren't cha? j/k :D
Haven't got time to feel guilt :)

Duane.

!DSPAM:41f6df1310474445520850!