sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl.installer work

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl.installer work
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:52:11 +0100

> I'm a fool and have decided to work on the smgl.installer script.
> I mean really work on it. I've completely torn it apart and I'm not done
> with the knife. I've got big plans. I've attached a TODO file that lists
> the stuff that I'd like to do.
Okay, good thing. One question though, what version of smgl.install are
you using?
I don't think it would be too great if you tore a one-month-old version
into pieces and we have to re-integrate all our changes to the different
parts. If you've got a day or two, I can fix you up a merge of benoit's
latest (p4 version of) smgl.install with my current one (basically the
one with your comments added and one or two hotfixes)
So, should I get that vimdiff cracking or what's your intention?
Rewriting the thing entirely might be a little hard/pointless/lenghty.
So Far,
Karsten
p.s.: As for generation scripts, /please/ don't write a set of your own.
p.p.s.: You might want to add a "load modules" dialog in the installer too,
for those modules that aren't on the initrd for size reasons.
p.p.p.s: I can help you with bash hacking/scripting/explaining, so if you
need anything, I'll try to be around on IRC a bit. I could maybe also take
some work off your shoulders if needed, but I've also got my genscripts to
worry about.