sm-discuss - Sorcery Consistency (WAS: Re: [SM-Discuss] devel sorcery & gaze new functionality)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul Mahon <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Sorcery Consistency (WAS: Re: [SM-Discuss] devel sorcery & gaze new functionality)
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:36:28 -0500

gaze prune was moved into cleanse as --sweep, along with cast --fix
specifically to keep what scripts did consistent. This is how I break
things down:
* gaze is only used for looking at spell info/state,
* cast is only used for installing spells,
* dispel is only used to remove installed spells,
* scribe is only used to manage grimoires,
* cleanse is used only to test and fix system problems,
* sorcery is used to modify system wide state and updates, and
* summon for downloading stuff.
I believe this accurately reflects reality too.