sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] devel sorcery & gaze new functionality

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] devel sorcery & gaze new functionality
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:56:12 -0800

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 11:40:34AM +1300, Duane Malcolm wrote:
> Andrew wrote:
> >Wrong word sorry, i had just woken up when i wrote that. Anyways, someday
> >we might have more spell states than held and exiled and i dont want to
> >end up polluting the gaze command namespace, if it has the show prefix
> >its less messy. Although i'd rather have it be
> >
> >gaze show held
> >gaze show exiled
>
> Sorry if I've repeated something that has already been discussed, I
> admit I haven't been following the mailing list closely.
>
> However, isn't "gaze show" redundant. When you gaze at something, you
> expect something to be showing.
>
> Also, there are "gaze history", "gaze activity", "gaze search 'phrase'"
> but not "gaze show activity", gaze show history" or "gaze show search
> 'phrase'"
>
> If you mix the structure, users will be scratching their heads saying
> "Now was it 'gaze show held' or 'gaze held'? I can never remember, I
> know it's "gaze history", so I'll try "gaze held". Arrrg, I wish the
> developers of sourcemage 20 years ago chose one structure"
>
> Just some thoughts, maybe I should go back to my work.

This is specific to spell states, gaze history doesnt show spell states.

If someone wants to take all the gaze commands and arrange them in some
reasonable fashion and post it for discussion we could implement it at
some point.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |