sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] devel sorcery & gaze new functionality

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergey AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] devel sorcery & gaze new functionality
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:37:12 -0800

I think the distinction between sorcery and gaze is that sorcery allows
you to do and set things, and gaze allows you to view things in a
read-only manner.

Sorcery is an action with side-effects. Gazing is merely observing
(ignore the minor perturbations of quantum mechanics).

Perhaps scribe should be used to set stuff with sorcery remaining as the
menu/gui tool.

Seth