sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery message verbosity getting out of hand?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Sorcery message verbosity getting out of hand?
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:30:39 -0700

Can you describe what messages you think are too verbose or uninteresting?
They may very well just be left over debug messages.

My usual mode of operation is to try and keep the user informed of whats
going on. For example I added more messages to depends resolution because
there can be huge pauses in certain cases and it can seem as if sorcery
isnt doing anything.

I agree that having an adjustable level of verbosity would be
advantageous. Its a bit too late to do all that for 1.11 imo but
hopefully we can get something in for 1.12.