sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Persistence wiki

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Persistence wiki
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:00:15 -0700

<snip>

> > I think you have to do something like this
> > -----
> > OPTS="$OPTS $LOCAL_OPTS"
> > default_build
> > -----
> > Theres a couple of spells that already do this I think.
>
> Shouldn't be too hard to do then, thanks. :)
>
> > What we could is modify the default build to have both $OPTS and
> > $LOCAL_OPTS in it. LOCAL_OPTS could be the stuff you guys modify in
> > CONFIGURE, OPTS would continue to be stuff sorcery builds from depends
> > info.
> >
> > does that make sense?
>
> Would we be able to modify LOCAL_OPTS (or CONF_OPTS as Seth points out) or
> would
> it end up being non-modifiable the way OPTS already is?

No it would be yours to use however you wanted, it would just get appended
to ./configure options.

> If we could have default_build have CONF_OPTS (or whatever) passed to
> ./configure, then we could have CONFIGURE just use CONF_OPTS="neat stuff"
> and
> not need extra BUILD files. Would this be too much work for the gain? Should
> spells just do the OPTS="$OPTS $CONF_OPTS" in BUILD when they need it and
> add
> CONF_OPTS to persistent_add where they want?
I think thats what I was alluding to. Its not much work for us, but
suffers from backwards compatibility problems, you'll have to stick with
the short BUILD file then as time goes on remove them.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |