sm-discuss - Re: Re: Re: [SM-Discuss] Persistence wiki

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Re: Re: [SM-Discuss] Persistence wiki
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:57:51 -0700

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 12:34:45PM -0000, evraire AT tuwg.com wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Andrew said:
> > Besides we already have a very good api for defining variables through the
> > persistence api I see no reason not to use make full use of it. Its
> > almost transparent to just say
> >
> > config_query_option CONF_OPTS "Use X ?" y "--with-x" "--without-x"
> > config_query_option CONF_OPTS "Use jpeg ?" y "--with-jpeg"
> > "--do-not-use-jpeg"
>
> If I use the config_query_option to set configure switches like this and
> do NOT provide a BUILD file, will these configure switches be used? If
> not, why not? That's what the function is for, right? If so, then I'm
> already a happy camper and didn't know it! :)

You cant do it immediatly because i havent made the change yet, you'll also
have to use a minimal build file i posted before since that code isnt
in all sorcery's. After the next stable sorcery release you'll be able
to do it everywhere.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |