sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] cdrw problem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve01 AT pi.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] cdrw problem
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 14:39:00 +0200

until a few days ago, I had a scsi cdrw and ide cdrom on my system

I used k3b to burn cd's without problem

I now have an atapi dvdrw (hdc) and scsi cdrw (sr0).

k3b now shows hdc as a writer and sr0 as reader, however I am unable to
select
a cd writer, although both devices are shown as cdrw capable. The devices
have the correct permissions.

I can select a dvd writer, but don't have any blank dvd at the moment!

several bits of software have changed in the last few days, since I last
burned a cd.

linux-2.6.8.1
cdrtools-2.01a37

does anyone have any ideas as to the cause of the problem?

Regards, Treeve

--
PGP Key ID: AB929B24
PGP Key Fingerprint:31D9 D22F 42E6 F545 662E AB6F 9697 34C5 AB92 9B24