sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] mirrors and main/master sites

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <hgr AT vabo.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] mirrors and main/master sites
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 01:48:12 +0200

> it would essentially punish gurus for updating spells early, they'd have
> to modify the spell to force the use of the master site, then remember
> to go remove that a day or two later.

It is the sorcery's job.
Sorcery should trying to download from MIRROR defined by the user.
It this MIRROR doesn't contain sources, sorcery should CHECK Main Site (they
are defined in /etc/sorcery/config GNU_URL,...) if it really offer sources.
If Main Site doesn't contain sources (trying to download old version) sorcery
should download them from our fallback URLs.
If Main Site contains required sources, sorcery should try two or three
MIRRORS and if they doesn't contais them, sorcery should download it from our
fall back or the Main Site.

- lace -