sm-discuss - RE: Re: [SM-Discuss] mirrors and main/master sites

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: evraire AT tuwg.com
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: Re: [SM-Discuss] mirrors and main/master sites
  • Date: 22 Aug 2004 15:20:40 -0000

Hello,

Lace wrote:
> It is the sorcery's job.
> Sorcery should trying to download from MIRROR defined by the user.
> It this MIRROR doesn't contain sources, sorcery should CHECK Main Site
> (they are defined in /etc/sorcery/config GNU_URL,...) if it really offer
> sources. If Main Site doesn't contain sources (trying to download old
> version) sorcery should download them from our fallback URLs.
> If Main Site contains required sources, sorcery should try two or three
> MIRRORS and if they doesn't contais them, sorcery should download it from
> our fall back or the Main Site.

I like this idea. After a few mirror sites fail, there is probably very
little gained in continuing to try other mirrors. Checking the main site
first, then resorting to our mirrors sounds like the next logical thing to
do. How much work would this be to implement?

Jonathan Evraire
evraire at tuwg.com

Message sent via http://toad-mail.net
Anti-spam notice, this message originated from IP Address: 69.70.196.119