sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Question about ppc port

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Question about ppc port
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:06:45 -0700

Quoting Rohan Nicholls <rohan.nicholls AT pareto.nl>:
> I have a question about the ppc port of smgl. I notice that the intel
> version has a new (and sensible) naming scheme, and I was wondering if
> the ppc versions are equivalent to the old intel versions or if ppc is
> following its own numbering scheme.
>
> If not, where would that put the ppc port as far as grimoires and the
> package management software (sorcery) compared to the intel port?
>
> Thanks again,

The latest PPC ISO does not use the same installation scripts as the x86 ISO
as
it was mostly just updated from the 0.8.1 ISO instead of using the latest
Cauldron scripts, but the next PPC/x86 ISOs should be closer together in that
respect. As for Sorcery and the grimoires, they may be a little more
up-to-date
on the PPC ISO since it was released a while after the x86 ISO, but that
should
be the only difference.

Now that our ISO/Cauldron Team is getting back all of our ISOs should follow
the
same layout with the same grimoires and Sorcery on them (unless Unet decides
otherwise :)).

-sandalle