sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] wiki install instructions missing parts

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] wiki install instructions missing parts
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:10:10 -0700

Quoting Rohan Nicholls <rohan.nicholls AT pareto.nl>:
> Some of the text just seems to end:
> Piece #1:
> Install Menu
> note: The menus are guided (not all of them show up untill a certain
> point) but you can have all of the items shown by selecting Disable
> Guided Menu.
>
> In this menu you have quite a few options. First you can view an
> introduction, which gives some basic information about Source Mage. Then
>
> Piece #2:
> Restart Installation
> With this option it is now possible to restart from the beginning
> without having to reboot.
> After that you have
>
> I think that is it. They are not critical, but I thought maybe
> something was generating the text automatically, and was having
> problems.

Hopefully once the new ISOs are out (sometime in the next week or so, I hear)
the wiki will be updated for both x86 and PPC (since the new ISOs will
hopefully use the same installation scripts we'd only need one wiki for the
both, with maybe a few caveats mentioned).

> > Our latest ISO (20040414) has installation text on it and is referenced in
> the
> > menu (IIRC). Was there anything missing on the ISO that you needed? If so,
> > please file a bug so we can add it.
>
> I will see how it goes at home, and I have burned the packages put
> together here in the Netherlands that make installing and configuring
> easy, onto a cd so hopefully there will be no problems. I have noticed
> that there are a number of different providers that use pptp for their
> adsl service, but will say more about that later.

File a bug and we'll try to add those to the ISO as optional packages (unless
there's a reason not to. ;) We'll have to talk to the ISO Team about that.)

> Thanks for the quick response.

You're welcome. :)

-sandalle