sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Mozilla & Firefox

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Peter Schneider-Kamp <psk AT informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
  • To: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Mozilla & Firefox
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:19:29 +0200

Adam Clark wrote:
Hey all,

Is nobody else having problems with Mozilla / Firefox? On *every*
system I've upgraded to the latest Firefox on, it's become an extremely
unstable POS, if it runs at all (and yup, I know about firing it up as
root first)... and yet, the version in the stable grimoire is now 0.9.2
as well. When downgrading Firefox to 0.8.0, it no longer runs?

This is the same for me. On my desktop computer mozilla does not
start the 2nd time, on my two notebooks mozilla 1.7 does not
start at all. The usual processes of mozilla-bin sit around idly
and nothing happens for at least a quarter of an hour. Actually
on my desktop system nothing happened for a few hours.

I have run cleanse two times with no complaints the second time,
I have recompiled mozilla 2 times (not on the notebooks, though)
without complaints.

Any idea? Any information that I could provide?

Kind regards,
Peter
--
Peter Schneider-Kamp mailto:psk AT informatik.rwth-aachen.de
LuFG Informatik II http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~nowonder