sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Mozilla & Firefox

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Mozilla & Firefox
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:13:38 -0700

Hey all,

Is nobody else having problems with Mozilla / Firefox? On *every*
system I've upgraded to the latest Firefox on, it's become an extremely
unstable POS, if it runs at all (and yup, I know about firing it up as
root first)... and yet, the version in the stable grimoire is now 0.9.2
as well. When downgrading Firefox to 0.8.0, it no longer runs?

Is there getting to be a real mess of libraries, mozilla startup
scripts, or other things going on, or am I having real bad luck?

I apologise for being so brief, but this problem appears too broad to be
just a single issue on a single system...