sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] rpmunpack in basesystem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] rpmunpack in basesystem
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:24:02 -0400

If it is removed, there are going to be references to RPM stuff in the
sorcery scripts without the programs existing. This inherently decreases
the stability of the scripts as they now have to rely on spells having
the correct dependencies or the scripts will start doing weird things.
It would be sufficient, I think, to have a check for the rpmunpack and
cpio binaries before they used in the unpack stuff.