sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] rpmunpack in basesystem

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] rpmunpack in basesystem
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 07:34:51 -0700

Quoting Paul <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>:
> Sections of the sorcery code use rpmunpack. It expects it to be there,
> and if it doesn't find when it needs it, it will start spewing errors.
> But if the spells have their dependencies right, this shouldn't be a
> problem. I just think is cleaner if everything that sorcery uses
> explicitly is in the base system.

I like having a system with only what /I/ use on it, and I'm sure others do as
well. rpmunpack is probably hardly ever used, though it doesn't take up much
space, it's still an extra that most don't need (along with cpio). Doesn't
Sorcery only try to use rpmunpack on packages that use RPMs (that's why you're
saying it should be safe, yes?)? If so, then I'll go ahead and do this today
if
there aren't any technical problems with it.

-sandalle