sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Making gettext optional

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Making gettext optional
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:09:02 -0500

No it doesn't do what cast -r does, if modifies the files entry by
entry. cast --fix has been moved into it, and at a future date, the
--fix option will be removed from cast. Other tools will be modified to
use it after it's been put in and tested some more. I'm pretty sure it's
safe, but I'd rather not take chance, since it has the potential for
destroying the list of packages installed and the dependencies. There
will be a switch on it --all (or perhaps just have it the default
behaviour) which will run all the checks, including --fix. I will
probably run before a rebuild and probably after a sorcery
system-update.

--
De mortuis nihil nisi bonum.