sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Making gettext optional

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Making gettext optional
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 01:32:37 +0000

Howdy all,

Does anybody know what the rationale was to make gettext a required
component of SMGL? Glibc certainly builds and installs fine without
it... some other spells need to have configure options passed along to
them to disable nls if gettext doesn't exist, but if I don't want nls
support on my system, why is SMGL forcing me to have it? For me, it
just wastes disk space and memory.

Any chance we could make gettext optional?

Thanks,

-Adam