sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Optional dependencies and dependency mess

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Optional dependencies and dependency mess
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:20:30 -0800

You guys have pretty much gone the same way that I did with my conceptual
model of this. Each spell gets its own miniature depends file listing
what depends/flags it was compiled with, and this special file is included
in the cache tarball.

when a spell is successfully cast the working copy of the depends info
is copied to the installed depends info for that particular spell.

resurrecting makes things a bit tricky since the cache's tarball includes
the depends info, which may be different than the (possibly nonexistant)
installed depends info, but its fairly easy to rip it out of the cache
file if we make sure it gets into the tar file first.

I like the ideas, lets keep them coming.

Im going to plan some irc meetings next month to hash out these ideas
and get them planned out. But by all means, keep discussing :)

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt AT sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot AT t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl, Porting Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |