sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] p4 / cvs / alternate servers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] p4 / cvs / alternate servers
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 07:48:47 -0700

Quoting Hamish Greig <hgreig AT bigpond.net.au>:
> Some people on IRC commented I am too longwinded.
> Here is a paraphrase.
> Two grimoires is working fantastically there is NO reason to go back.
> In fact, "devel" repository should only hold spells that actually differ
> from
>
> test and shouldn't be a complete grimoire.
> Also I am really fed up with having all my work from last 6 weeks
> overshadowed
> by a topic that has already been resolved "numerous" times.
> For those who have worked hard to make the new system work, thank you for
> your
> efforts. For those who want devel access restored immediately via tarball I
> have only this to say.
> "Volunteer to setup up cvs."
> Hamish

I am still of the inclination to not put the devel tarball back up, as has
been
mentioned many times our grimoires have improved quite a bit since then,
though
I'm not sure we'd revert back to our old ways if we did put it up, I'd rather
not have the bother of doing so and having complaints/issues with
devel.tar.bz2.
If, at all possible, we could consider this discussion over, that would be
very
nice. ;) We've talked this subject to death twice now, after it had already
been voted on at a publicized developer meeting and was originally discussed
on-list. (Do any of these sound familiar? I thought so, that's why I'd like
close this...it's been circular for a while). Those that want access to the
devel tarball should volunteer to help out and become developers, for those
are
the only people who require access to that grimoire, there's nothing there
users
should be wanting (and if there is, there's probably a reason it's not in
test).

-sandalle

--
PGP Key Fingerprint: FCFF 26A1 BE21 08F4 BB91 FAED 1D7B 7D74 A8EF DD61
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8EFDD61