sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] p4 / cvs / alternate servers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] p4 / cvs / alternate servers
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:17:24 +0200

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 06:06:46PM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> Do arc or subversion support more of the features we require?
>
> -sandalle

I can't say much about subversion, haven't used it yet. From what i've
read about it it supports moving/renaming files and directories and also
has improved branching support compared to cvs, but someone with
experience with svn should say something about it.

arch does support everything we need as far as i could tell from the
documentation. My experiments with it haven't been too successfull yet,
but i'm not sure how much of that is because i don't really understand
it yet and how much is because i used the unstable branch.

As to gui interfaces to the systems, subversion has several, arch has
none.

--
Arwed v. Merkatz
Grimoire Guru for video