sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Updated ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.edu>
  • To: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • Cc: jkolb AT brandeis.edu, eric AT sourcemage.com, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Updated ISO
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:24:15 -0600

Adam Clark wrote:
Okay, but just out of curiosity - did you try and figure out what was going
wrong with lilo before throwing in that grub disk? lilo may be a little
tricky on *some* systems, but it's *supposed* to work on everything.

Some, I played around w/ the lilo.conf file, and tried a few configurations, I couldn't get it to work. Every install I tried beginning w/ the ISO from a year ago I've had this problem. I think it had to do w/ my pci controller card. My first hd is actually /dev/hde and my SM is on /dev/hdf and I think this had something to do with it.

Geoff

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 17:33:09 -0600