sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Updated ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • To: Eric Womack <eric AT sourcemage.com>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Updated ISO
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:21:33 -0500

is there a grub option for boot on the new iso?

Jeremy

Eric Womack wrote:

Quoting "Sergey A. Lipnevich" <sergeyli AT pisem.net>:

I have cleared the MBR and am re-installing. If this works, it would be

nice
to have that option available from the install menu.

Which option? To reset MBR? Can't you use one of the partitioning tools offered during install?

Yes, and Yes I could, I was just saying it would be a nice menu option so I don't have to shell out of an install.

Or isn't lilo doing this if you edit /etc/lilo.conf appropriately?

No, it isn't. And now, having re-installed again (after wiping the MBR), it doesn't boot at all!

For the record, I wiped it with this:

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=1
I am now going to do the whole drive, and start over.