sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] exim update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "M.L." <mlubrano AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: nealbirch <nealbirch AT attbi.com>, eric AT sandall.us
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] exim update
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:28:24 +0100

On Mardi 17 Décembre 2002 02:26, nealbirch wrote:
> Eric Sandall wrote:
> > nealbirch said:
> >>well, mine don't. annoying. I just did
> >>
> >>chown -R exim:exim /var/spool/mail*
> >>
> >>though. What did you do to change mail ownership?
> >>
> >>neal
> >
> > Well, I changed all the directories, including mail in /var/spool/mail to
> > exim.exim, and the groups to exim on files (not the owners, as those
> > belong to the users). Here's what my /var/spool/mail looks like now:
> >
> > root@sandall:/var/spool/mail# l -R
> > .:
> > total 262k
> > -rw-rw---- 1 cstrike exim 0 Jul 7 13:30 cstrike
> > -rw-rw---- 1 darstr exim 0 Nov 13 09:45 darstr
> > drwxrwx--- 2 exim exim 184 Jul 10 16:04 db
>
> someone is playing neverwinter nights, it looks like... I hadn't setup
> the owner ship on my individual account right. Thanks!
>
> Everytime I think I know what's going on, I just need to update SMGL... lol
>
> I went to exim.org and read the faq, too. There is a good bit of
> information there.
>
> Actually, now everything is running smoother than before. Wonder why the
> change in exim, anyway.

As far as I remember, I added the exim user ownership because it was
recomended in exim documentation... and we try to keep spells as close as the
authors wants them.

If it is bullshit, open a bug, I'll add a query in CONFIGURE to ask whether
you wan to run exim as mail or as exim... (I should have done it before,
maybe).

Bye,
Mat.

--