sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Fonts in X and Xft2

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: Jack Bertram <jack AT jbertram.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Fonts in X and Xft2
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:48:33 -0500 (EST)

You are probably using the static version of Opera (which you must have it
you don't have Qt installed, but I don't know if the spell is smart enough
to switch to dynamic if you have Qt). You won't notice any difference in
fonts w/ a static Opera. Dito for Acro Read probably. Neither Fluxbox, nor
aterm use fonts much. The standard system font for terminals benifits
negligably with anti-aliasing.
So, in short, You wouldn't see much difference. Perhaps a little in ater
and fluxbox, but that's it.