sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xfree86 spell problem?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: bluebird AT optushome.com.au
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xfree86 spell problem?
  • Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 21:27:48 -0500 (EST)

I would preffer that no spell even mess with logs or any other internal
tracking stuff. As soon as we start doing that, we start introducing bugs
in spells that can wipe out other spells. At least that right is currently
reserved be the sorcery scripts alone ;)

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002 bluebird AT optushome.com.au wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 01:13:08PM -0800, Eric Sandall wrote:
> >
> > Dufflebunk said:
> > > The slang and ncurses could replace the gcc one rather than delete it.
> > > This would remove the need for removing the files from the install log.
> >
> > But then it would fail the md5sum check on on 'cast --fix', which would
> > then replace them yet again. Is there a 'clean' way we can do this, or
> > should we just leave it as it is (I agree, replacing rather than deleting
> > is a good idea either way) and just have things broken again when 'cast
> > --fix' is run? Perhaps have 'cast --fix' cast ncurses and slang (if
> > they're installed) afterwards? I don't like the latter method, but what
> > else can we do?
> >
> > -One of Four
> > a.k.a. sandalle
>
> The clean solution would be a trigger on slang and ncurse to recast gcc,
> but I don't think we want to go that way :)
>
> Could we remove these files from the md5sum ?, I assume that what line
> 530 in cast does

PGP public key at
http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3327A9A5
F1