sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SM Beta2 ISO is out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: Ladislav Hagara <hgr AT vabo.cz>
  • Cc: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>, SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SM Beta2 ISO is out
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:06:53 -0600 (CST)

It'd be nice to have PCMCIA support in the ISO kernel. I have a Sony
Picturebook with no integrated cdrom or floppy drive. I have PCMCIA cdrom
drive, but it cannot find the cdrom after the initial "load modules/choose
root device" menu. Including PCMCIA cdrom support would fix this.

Other than that, there is still the /mnt/root/mnt/root problem.

Could we get brief overview of how the installation iso is created?

-casey