sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SM Beta2 ISO is out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ladislav Hagara <hgr AT vabo.cz>
  • To: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • Cc: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SM Beta2 ISO is out
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 17:28:41 +0100

Great, thank for it.

Some notes:

What is official name of our distro ?
"Sourcemage GNU/Linux" or "Source Mage GNU/Linux" or as in beta2 cd "Source
Mage GNU Linux" (without slash) ?
We could use the same name on CD, on web on documentation, ...

After instalation the root password is empty, is possible to add dialog to
install proces for changing root pasword ?

The default answer for the question "Configure Linux kernel ?" is [n].
I would change it to [y]. It is not possible to compile kernel without
configure it.

It is possible to choose grsecurity patch and cryptoapi patch, but neither
grsecurity-1.9.7-2.4.19.patch nor patch-int-2.4.19.2.bz2 is included on beta2
cd.

Is possible to adjust operation of menu, for example I choose "D Make
Swapfile" and after making it, the default choose is the same ("D Make
Swapfile"). I would prefer if default choose was next choose ("F Transfer
Source Mage").
So I could only press enter I do not think which part of instalation I am just
now.

Have a nice ...
- lace -