sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SM Beta2 ISO is out

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ryan Abrams <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Nick Jennings <nkj AT namodn.com>
  • Cc: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SM Beta2 ISO is out
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 23:33:04 -0600

The plan is pretty straightforward.

While sorcery is in 0.9, they will be betas. This will let Adam work with people like Neal and such to get distro things done (init, install, iso specific, etc). This will also let new users test them w/ the grimoire to find bugs.
When sorcery gets complete, and is declared ready for 1.0, and the iso's are there too, we will start with the RC's. We will go through 1 or 2 of them, or however many it takes to get it solid. At that point though, 1or 2 should be enough.

then, when one is good enough, Adam will update the text to say 1.0, and we release.

-Ryan